Purchasing digital signage requires that the unit pay hardware, installation, annual, and ongoing costs.
IU has negotiated discounted pricing with CDWG on digital signage hardware. These hardware bundles include:
- A variety of standard and touch screen TVs ranging in size from 40” to 46”
- Small form-factor computer
- Mounting hardware and accessories
Hardware bundles range from $1,355 to $2,930 with an average price of $1,640.Learn more about hardware bundles and costs
Once a hardware bundle has been selected, work with IU Purchasing to order the hardware. All hardware ordering instructions are posted on the Purchasing website.
The minimum digital signage installation cost for all IU campuses is $1,300.
The Bloomington campus hires installations in-house from the Physical Plant. Most other campuses hire installation services from outside vendors. Purchasing and the University Architect’s Office will coordinate those efforts. Installation costs may vary and can include adding power and network connections, wall build out, etc.
The annual fee per computer is $150.
This fee covers the license for the software used to run the signs as well as technical support and maintenance charges.
IU units should also factor in staff time required to:
- Learn the software
- Continue to update content on digital signs
- Provide technical support for hardware, software, and content publishers. A single technical contact from each unit should be designated to work with the IU digital signage support team.
IU units should also budget to replace the digital signage hardware.
Computers should be replaced every three to four years, TVs/LCDs every five to seven years.