Logos and lockups for centers and institutes
Almost all centers and institutes at IU must use the trident and a marketing lockup. You must leverage the brand if:
- Your website URL ends in .edu
- Your funding comes primarily from IU
- You are identified as "The Indiana University _________"
There are a few exceptions to this rule. Your center or institute may qualify for an exception if:
- You receive funding outside of the university
- You function as part of a multi-institution partnership
- You focus on other colleges and universities as your target audience
For help determining whether or not your center qualifies for an exemption, contact us.
Student organization marks
If you are part of an academic or professional organization that’s affiliated with the university (university student organizations), you should use the official Self-Governed Student Organization (SGSO) mark on your marketing materials. It’s designed to be used with your organization’s logo, not instead of it.
For your logo, you are free to use the marketing lockup tool or create your own.
All other organizations can create their own logos—but should not use the official SGSO mark.